I’m asked all the time “So what do you do?" This entry will list the areas I’m typically asked to investigate and the activities I execute in an effort to improve those areas.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
The Big Question
I have been working in green grass golf retail for more than thirty years in sales and sales management as a VP of sales with Izod Club in the mid-nineties. For the past fifteen years I have been providing retail consulting, evaluation of current shop staff and status, development & initiation of buy plans, hands-on buying and merchandising, employee product knowledge seminars and promotions at clubs such as Kinloch Golf Club, Ocean City Golf Club, Park Country Club in Buffalo, NY and 3 Creek Ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I have also provide marketing and salesmanship training to companies including Greg Norman, Polo, Full Turn, and Ouray Sportswear in Denver.
This is what I do –
For Clubs and ‘green-grass retail seminars’
· Evaluate inventory levels and develop a buy plan and inventory levels based on space and sales history and what is needed for your clientele.
· Develop a turn schedule of merchandise based on peaks in season as part of the buy plan.
· Determine the products and pricing needed to be the level of “full-service” desired.
· Develop “open to buy” and “count and fill” programs to complement the buy plan.
· Establish strong vendor relationships – maximizing the resources they have to help your business.
· Develop, design and help execute re-merchandizing and/or remodeling plans.
· Provide retail salesmanship training emphasizing product knowledge of all inventory and the language and tone of enthusiastic customer service.
· Conduct power point seminars about - How to – Create an effective buy plan and a winning golf culture.
· Develop, train and inspire retail managers and staff to provide service that differentiates your facility from the competition and creates customer loyalty.
For Companies that sell to green grass shops
· Provide retail and customer service seminars for customers that enhance partner-relationship.
· Help develop product promotions and programs that appeal to the green grass market.
· Conduct seminars and speak at sales meetings on sales presentations with emphasis on “the close”.
· Train sales rep how to develop their territory, get their foot in the door and become the ‘idea man’ in their area.
· Help set appointments and participate in sales calls of poignant importance.
· Provide and communicate with my contacts the features and benefits of your products.
· Provide publication of interviews and articles and linked banners on http://successfulproshop.blogspot.com.
Anyone wanting to discuss fees and /or implementation of any of these services for their facility, company, their group or section meeting or sales meeting can contact me at 443-309-3005 or email@example.com.