The PGA Show in Orlando is an important Mecca in an industry that is defined by important events, tradition and camaraderie. It is an opportunity to take a look at the big picture of what is important to the industry and then dig into the new and boutique-type vendors. It mandates that you carefully review last season’s business and strategically plan for 2014. With that as muse, I googled “PGA Show planner for buyers” and got 448,000 search results.
Looking through the results of this search I realized that most of the information provided in this search suggests the obvious - that you make appointments - and provides the list of vendors available for these appointments. This overview will take a look at some of the considerations that could be part of those decisions, planning the appropriate appointments to be made and what could be accomplished per visit in Orlando.
- Better Slacks - Aristo 18 - Super Wool Slacks
- Signs – Signs by the Sea
- Flasks – Hydro Flask
- Stationary – Club logoed and personalized per member
- Gadgets - Personal Golf Fan
|Cynthia Wark - Personal Golf Fan|
- Have you discussed all available fixture programs, POS pieces and merchandising aids?
- Explain the display you have planned for their product and get their ideas.
- Discuss the walking mannequins in your shop and what the best deal is to get your staff either using or wearing their product.
- Discuss the best method for educating your staff as to how to intelligently discuss their product.
- What is your total risk? Is there any plan to help on the back end if there is not ample sell-through?
- Invite your new acquaintance to your facility, you may become part of their marketing plan going forward.
- Discuss your plans or programs they may have to help you market their brand through social media or other on-line projects.
|Sharon Sunoo owner of Birdie and Grace|
talks with Win McMurry (Golf Channel)